Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Drive education of Enterprise Architecture and develop artifacts such as reference architectures and play books and ensure adherence to the established architecture standards across the entire organization. Establishes architectural designs around one or more technology domains (e.g. application, data, advanced technologies, Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Operating Systems, Mobility, Security, network, Dev ops, It-OT, etc.) &/or business process architectures. Architectures include conceptual or actual/physical representations or models.
- Provides guidance and/or conducts architectural, configuration, solution, and quality reviews. Helps coordinate with all internal IT (Information Technology) groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure standards are implemented and issues addressed. Reviews and ensures major architectural designs align with IT objectives, industry standards and are flexible, and cost-effective. Supports and directs cross functional team members in adopting architecture patterns and designing implementation designs.
- Responsible for collecting and defining technical requirements to enable business processes and integrations, prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies and creating road maps for adoption. Perform testing and problem determination for new components, working closely with manufacturer and model SLA's after industry performance standards.
- Shares expertise, support and groom junior members and ensure that teams are continuously improving and learning together to meet current and future technology capabilities. Designs and governs robust solutions that promote safety, operational excellence and minimize unplanned outages.
- Coordinates with Business Unit teams, Engineering, Operations, Cyber Security, Network Systems and peer IT groups for planning, design package review and integration of IT deliverables into projects. Develop Request for Proposal (RFP) specifications and play a key role in vendor selection processes; identify, evaluate and recommend new enterprise level, technology capabilities to meet current and future capital projects and objectives.
- All architect roles will be responsible for and must have experience related to:
- Defining standards, designing architectures and developing enterprise capabilities using technology, working closely with SI and vendor teams and internal partners. Possess strong foundational knowledge in hardware and software processes, system integration, data management and data architecture, standard coding and deployment practices (SDLC, Change Mgt.,etc.). Must have led and advanced technology adoption, solution designs, solved issues thinking out of the box and promote technology evolution and obsolescence.
- Putting forth designs that enable 24/7 IT services and operations, DR, high availability type systems. Must be able to work under pressure to resolve operational problems. Expert problem solver and ability to think big picture and be a strong team player.
- Expertise hands-on experience using emerging tools like NoSQL databases and unstructured data stores to guide the organization in understanding and adopting them. Sound understanding of data protection and data quality best practices and solutions for cloud and on-premises platforms, and hands-on data modeling/database design and SQL experience. (Important for a Solution Architect, Integration Architect, Data Architect roles).
- Strong project management experience and skills. Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities. Estimate investment requirements, develop technology road maps, build processes and operating model to transition technology knowhow to support groups and project teams.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong desire and initiative to lead and drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly and champion new concepts. Works directly with stakeholders and be a trusted IT partner to come up with solutions and solve for the stakeholder goals.
- Lead, motivate, challenge and develop team members and advance enterprise architecture adoption and standards based culture across the enterprise. Pave inroads into peer organizations and educate, encourage and foster open techno business collaboration and strengthen partnerships. Attract internal and external talent.
- Security Domain architecture role requires direct experience in: Defining cyber security best practices, processes, and guiding principles for the enterprise. Identify security solutions for cloud and on-premises; solid grasp of modern security practices and concepts as it relates to perimeter networks, Next Generation Firewalls, IDS/IPS, network access controls, network segmentation, wireless security, DDoS mitigation, DNS, Cloud, etc.
- IT -OT Domain Architecture role must be knowledgeable about or interested in learning about electrical power systems, protective relays, real-time automation controllers (RTAC); Programmable hands-on experience with computer networks: Modems, Sensors, IoT (Internet of Things) Devices, Data Diode configurations, programmable logic controllers (PLC) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Automated Metering Infrastructure, smart grid etc. Experienced or conversant in emerging cloud data technologies and practices, e.g., cloud computing components and services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) in Azure and/or AWS or other cloud providers.
- Network Domain Architecture role requires direct experience developing and implementing solutions using AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, and Oracle OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure) cloud services; sound knowledge of and highly skilled in testing, deploying networking, security, systems engineering solutions ( TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, Next Generation Firewalls and SSL); programming experience on Linux using languages such as shell script, Perl, Ruby or Python, Infrastructure as Code solution (Ansible, Puppet and Chef); Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g., Terraform, Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.)
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required. Must be available 24/7, on call, and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business related disciplines. And three years of relevant experience required (2H) Or
- Associate's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business related disciplines. And four (2L), five (2H), years of relevant experience required
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business related disciplines. And five years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business related disciplines. And five years of relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years IT experience in designing, developing, implementing and supporting IT solutions with focus on any of the following IT Domains: IT-OT (IoT), applications, data management and analytics, integration, networking, cyber security, Dev ops, AWS/Azure/other Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Infrastructure.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Business and IT applications and technology systems development lifecycle, data management (noSQL, SQL, data modeling, data design, etc.), data integration best practices (API's), hardware and software management. Required
- Must have been responsible for or supported IT operations, working on mission critical systems 24/7 and off-hours as required to support deployments. Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Required
- Hands on experience participating or leading projects (scope, budget, cost, vendor and technical knowhow), developing new processes and/or communicating designs using visio, power point and other tools. Preferred
- Experience maintaining relationships with IT, Business unit teams, Engineering and stakeholder teams, interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Preferred
- Training and/or certification in one or more domains desired, e.g. application architecture, data architecture, Cloud, IT Infrastructure, cyber security, Technical certifications (e.g., TOGAF, ITIL, CSM, CCSP, CISM, CISA, CISSP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect etc.) Preferred
- Solid knowledge and experience applying architectural concepts and practices to develop optimized solutions that are reliable, reusable, scalable and extensible. Pref
- This posting is for an Security Solution/Domain Architect. Please see the core responsibilities section for more details.
Skills & Ability
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret basic information on drawings.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Proactively approaches responsibilities
- Ability to lead/manage others
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.