Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Manage intake, diagnosis and resolution of conflict-related requests, including but not limited to facilitation of conflict mediation sessions, tracking, follow-ups, and data reporting of all conflict-related incidents.
- Facilitate simple and complex conflict mediation sessions with employees at all levels within the company, including intake documentation and tracking, pre-mediation discussions, and periodic follow up discussion with mediation participants.
- Design, develop and deliver conflict management training, workshops, presentations and activities as needed to support business needs. Implement a variety of training methods and educational resources to educate employees on effective conflict management in the workplace.
- Coordinate and administer all aspects of conflict management services and resources for the company with the goal of developing a culture of conflict competence and awareness.
- Oversee planning and delivery of conflict management training curriculum, ensuring timely, engaging, relevant and helpful content to our customers.
- Provides conflict management coaching and guidance to leaders at various levels. Consults with internal organizations to share information to help leaders manage conflict in the workplace to avoid potential escalation or impact on productivity, morale, and team dynamics.
- Conduct follow-up interviews and check-in discussions with employees who participate in mediations. Makes recommendations on additional actions for managers/employees to incorporate to enhance relationships.
- Partner with resource groups across the enterprise (i.e. Labor, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Business Ethics & Compliance, Ombudsman's Office) to maintain strategic alignment, foster open communication, and solicit/discuss priority conflict case assignments.
- Oversee and maintain conflict management resources, communications and materials on company intranet pages, including tools, job aids, reference materials, techniques and strategies to ensure that all information remains relevant and contributes to building organizational conflict competence.
- Promote conflict management awareness and resources using varied channels of communication, including company intranet, presentations, and other internal media platforms.
- Partner with client organizations and leaders to identify, plan and implement customized interventions to accomplish strategic outcomes, prevent escalations and optimize workplace performance.
- Partner with internal/external vendors and leverage appropriate resources, as needed.
- Identify key drivers, issues and trends based on conflict resolution requests, discussions, and information surfaced in workshops. Partner with organizational development team to diagnose and identify potential opportunities/solutions to address employee, leader, and company development needs and enhance the conflict competence of our workforce.
- Research and incorporate best practices in conflict management programs and services. Maintain appropriate conflict mediation certification and sustain external network of conflict management experts for benchmarking and partnership opportunities.
- Provide periodic reports on conflict activities upon request, maintaining desired metrics to measure effectiveness of conflict resolution services. This may include customer evaluation of services provided and experiences using conflict management services.
- Evaluate key performance indicators to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Adapt to changing demands as defined by business and operational needs.
- Support OD initiatives as needed, partnering with leaders to assess organizational effectiveness and identify, plan and implement customized interventions to accomplish strategic outcomes and optimize workplace performance.
- High School Diploma/GED in related fields of study And 7 years related work experience in areas such as workplace conflict resolution, mediation, investigations, employee/labor relations, and organizational development.
- Associate's Degree in related fields of study And 5 years work experience in a related area, such as workplace conflict management/resolution, mediation, investigations, employee/labor relations, organizational development, leadership development, consulting, Coaching and/or related area.
- Bachelor's Degree in related fields of study And 3 years work experience in a related area, such as workplace conflict management/resolution, mediation, investigations, employee/labor relations, organizational development, leadership development, consulting, Coaching and/or related area.
Required Work Experience
- Experience in conducting workplace conflict mediations and conflict coaching and/or consulting. Required
- Experience in instructional design, training, and facilitation of behavioral programs/workshops. Required
- Experience in managing high-level projects/programs, including project planning, resource management, budgeting and evaluation. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues And
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Effective leadership skills And
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions And
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information And
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure And
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment And
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills And
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills And
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Conflict Mediation or related Certification Upon Hire Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.